Costume planning
As I was responsible for the costume and props planning, I directed the actors on what they should wear on the shoot days. I shared with them a mood board and according to it they showed me the options that they had, Then I chose their outfits according to each scene. For instance, in the scenes where the boy will be alone he will be wearing dull or black. The reason I chose duller colors was because they connotates emptiness, depression and mourning. However when he is with the girl he is shown wearing white, this is because white symbolizes peace, perfection and beginnings and the character is shown to be happy and has pure in that colour.
The girl will be shown to be wearing brighter clothes such as purple. The purple cardigan when she is with the boy will represent the light romantic energies, However the outfit will have bits of dark purple too which represents the girl's independence and the fact that she does not depend on their relationship for happiness. However, I also wanted the girl to wear some kind of ark blue. Dark blue is often used to express the lack of emotions or strong feelings, and so in some later shots the girl when she is with the boy will be seen wearing some dark blue outfit to connotate that she is slowly detaching from the boy emotionally.



Comments
Post a Comment